1.1. What is the definition and nature of personal data?
In the context of the use of our platform accessible from the website www.vizu.fr, we may ask you to communicate to us personal character concerning you ("you" means all Users of the Site - Members, Producers The term "personal data" means all data that makes it possible to identify an individual directly or indirectly, by aggregating several data, which corresponds in particular to your name, first name (s), pseudonym, photograph, e-mail address, telephone number (s), date of birth, data relating to your transactions on the Platform, as well as any other information you We'll be able to ask you and choose to communicate to us about you, as further detailed in Article 2 below.
1.2. Who is the Head of Data Collection and Processing? In charge of processing, VINZU, a company incorporated under French law, registered in the Bordeaux RCS under number 813 732 294, whose head office is located at 63 bis, rue Tillet 33800 Bordeaux, France (hereinafter referred to as: "We"), We attach particular importance to the protection and the expectation of your private. As owners and managers of the Platform, we take on almost all the commitments made to ensure the respect and protection of your privacy. That is why We are your main contact for any request concerning your personal data.
2. The data we collect We may collect and process the following data:
2.1. The data that you transmit directly to us, and in particular:
● The data required for delivery on our platform include your first and last name, e-mail address and postal address. This information is obligatory. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to access Vinzü's services;
● A phone number that is asked when you want to place an order;
● A copy of all orders placed on our Platform;
● Details of the financial or accounting transactions carried out on our Platform;
● The history of your visits to our Platform and the content you accessed;
● The data we request when you report a problem with our platform or services, such as the subject of your request;
2.2. The data that We automatically collect:
2.2.1. We record usage data when you access or use our Platform and Services.
2.2.3. We also collect information about your use of our Platform (such as the number of orders made and their details, the Hives to which you are registered, etc.).
2.3. Shelf life of your data
2.3.1. Regarding the data relating to the management of our commercial relationship with you and our prospects: ● your personal data will not be stored beyond the time strictly necessary to manage our business relationship with you;
● however, the data to establish the proof of a right or a contract, to be retained for the respect of a legal obligation, will be it for the duration envisaged by the law in force;
● concerning possible prospecting operations, your data may be kept for a period of three (3) years from the end of the business relationship. At the end of this period of three (3) years, We will be able to contact you again to know if you wish to continue to receive commercial solicitations;
● Similarly, personal data relating to a prospect, non-client, may be retained for a period of three (3) years from their collection or the last contact from the prospect.
2.3.2. With regard to the management of commercial prospecting opposition lists, the information allowing to take into account your right of opposition is kept at least three (3) years from the exercise of the right of opposition.
2.3.3. For audience measurement statistics, the information stored in the user terminal or any other element used to identify users and allowing their traceability or attendance will not be retained beyond thirteen (13) months.
2.3.4. Regarding the data relating to your credit cards:
● Financial transactions relating to the payment of purchases and fees via the Platform are entrusted to a payment service provider that ensures smooth operation and security, the company Stripe, (the "Payment Provider"). The Service Provider collects and retains, for the time of your registration on the Platform and at least until you make your last transaction, on our behalf and on our behalf, your personal data relating to your card numbers. banking. We do not have access to this data on our side. By ticking the box expressly provided for this purpose on the Platform, you give us your express consent for this preservation.
● On proof of your identity and if the conditions of exercise of these rights are fulfilled, you can exercise your right of access, right of rectification, right of cancellation, right to the limitation of the treatments, right of opposition, right to file a complaint with the CNIL and your right to define the fate of your data after your death by contacting Stripe or Contacting us directly (see article 13 below).
● In any case, your data may be kept for thirteen (13) months following the debit date, for probative purposes in case of possible dispute of the transaction in accordance with Article L.133-24 of the Monetary Code and financial. This period may be extended to fifteen (15) months to take into account the possibility of using debit payment cards.
2.3.5. With regard to other financial data (eg payments, repayments, etc.), they are kept for the duration required by the applicable tax and accounting laws.
2.3.6. If your account has been suspended or blocked, We will retain your data for up to ten (10) years from the date of suspension.
3. For what purposes do we use the data we collect? We implement processing of personal data to enable us to manage, bill and monitor the activity of the Platform. These data are necessary for the proper execution of our services. We can also use this data to send you information and / or prospecting emails. The treatment is then based on our legitimate interest in informing you and developing our business.
3.1. We collect and process your personal data to fulfill one or more of the following purposes:
● Manage your access to certain services accessible on the Site and their use;
● Perform operations relating to the management of Users concerning contracts, orders, deliveries, invoices, loyalty programs, follow-up of the relationship between Users;
● Build a file of prospects and Users - Address newsletters, solicitations and promotional messages. In case you do not wish it, We give you the option to express your refusal on this subject when collecting your data, in accordance with the applicable legal provisions. We may also use your data to send you advertising messages that may be of interest to you on social media platforms or third party sites. If you want more information about this, we invite you to read the terms and conditions of use of these platforms;
● Develop business and attendance statistics for our services;
● Organize contests, sweepstakes and all promotional activities except online gambling submitted for the approval of the Online Games Regulatory Authority;
● Manage the management of people's opinions on products, services or content;
● Manage unpaid bills and potential litigation regarding the use of our products and services;
● Respect our legal and regulatory obligations;
● Collect your payments or send you the refunds collected for your account in collaboration with our Payment Service Provider;
● Allow you to customize your profile on our Platform;
● Allow you to communicate and exchange between Users;
● Ensure compliance with applicable legislation. We may suspend your account on our Platform;
● inform you of changes to the Platform or our services;
● Manage our Platform and perform internal technical operations for problem solving, data analysis, testing, research, analysis, studies and surveys;
● Improve and optimize our Platform, in particular to ensure that the display of our content is adapted to your device; ● Help us preserve a secure environment on our Platform.
3.2 We inform you when collecting your personal data, whether certain data must be mandatory or if they are optional. We also tell you what are the possible consequences of a failure to answer.
3.3 The purposes described in this article only apply to those defined by Us and not to any purpose provided by other Users of the Site as recipients of your personal data, as provided in Articles 4.1 and 4.2 below.
4. Who are the recipients of the data we collect and why are we transmitting them these data?
4.1. Some organizations are legally empowered to access your personal data staff :
● the bodies in charge of the control of our activity (notably the auditor);
● public bodies such as paralegals, ministerial officers.
4.2. We also work in close collaboration with third-party companies that may have access to your personal data, and in particular with subcontractors to whom we rely in particular on technical services, payment services, transport and delivery services, verification or suppliers of analytical solutions and collection companies and credit institutions. We only share your data with the third parties mentioned above in the following cases:
● When We use a service provider for the performance of any contract between you and Us or to provide or improve our services (for example, payments made through our Platform);
● When We use search engine providers and analytics solutions to improve and optimize our Platform;
4.3. We draw your attention to the fact that if you decide to allow us to access some of your information, including your personal data, through connection services made available by a third party (eg Facebook Connect) , its confidentiality policy is also opposable to you. We have no control over the collection or processing of your data by a third party on its own platform.
4.4. Finally, users whose data are collected on the basis of our legitimate interest, as mentioned in article 3, are reminded that they may at any time object to the processing of their data, which requires in any circumstances because of their consent.
5. How do we use and moderate your messages?
5.1. We can read the messages that you exchange with Hive Managers via our Platform, especially for fraud prevention, improvement of our services, user assistance, verification of our members' compliance with contracts concluded with Us . For example, to prevent a Producer from hijacking our Services to offer Products for sale outside our Platform, We allow ourselves to browse and analyze the messages exchanged on our Platform to ensure that they do not contain no co-ordinates or references to other websites characterizing prohibited behavior.
5.2. We never see your communications for promotional purposes or advertising targeting.
6. E-mails and SMS that we send you
6.1. In accordance with applicable law and with your consent when required, We may use the data you provide to us on the Platform for business purposes, such as to send you our newsletters, send invitations to our events, post targeted advertising on social media platforms or third-party sites, or any other communication that may be of interest to you.
6.2. Regarding our email notifications, you can at any time terminate these notifications by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each of our communications, or by contacting us as described in Article 13 below.
7. Are your data transferred, how and where?
7.1. We keep your personal data in the European Union.
7.2. In the event that your data may be transferred to one or more other countries whose personal data protection legislation is less protective of your rights than that applicable to your situation, We will take all necessary measures to ensure in accordance with the applicable regulations, and for this transfer to be governed by standard contractual clauses, such as those proposed by the European Commission, to ensure a similar level of protection of your rights.
8. What are your rights to your personal data?
8.1. You have different rights to your personal data:
8.1.1. You may object to any type of processing defined in this document for legitimate reasons, either at the time of collection of your data or by contacting us later (right of objection).
8.1.2. You may request that the processing of your personal data be limited, only in cases provided by law (right to limitation of treatment): - During the verification period that We implement, when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, - When the processing of this data is illegal, and you want to limit this treatment rather than delete your data, - When We no longer need your personal data, but want to keep it to exercise your rights, - During the verification period for legitimate reasons, when you objected to the processing of your personal data.
8.1.3. You may request that We provide you with all personal data that We have about you (access right). You can then take the opportunity to check their accuracy and have them rectify (right to rectification) or erase (right to erase) if necessary.
8.1.4. You may retrieve your personal data that you have provided to us in an open, machine-readable form for storage for your personal use or for communication to another controller (right to portability).
8.1.5. You have the right to set guidelines for the retention, erasure and communication of your personal data after your death. These directives can be general, that is to say they relate to all the personal data that concern you. In this case, they must be registered with a trusted third party certified by the CNIL. The guidelines may also be specific to the data we process. It is then advisable to transmit them to us at the following coordinates: - e-mail address: - postal address: VINZU - Question relating to personal data - 63 Bis rue Tillet - 33800 Bordeaux - France
By sending us such instructions, you expressly consent to these instructions being retained, transmitted and executed in the manner provided herein. You can designate in your directives a person responsible for their execution. The latter will then have the right, when you are dead, to read these instructions and ask them to implement them. In the absence of designation your heirs will have quality to take notice of your instructions at your death and ask them to implement them. You may change or revoke your instructions at any time by writing to us at the coordinates above.
8.1.6. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority or to obtain compensation from the competent courts if you consider that We have not respected your rights.
8.2. Before responding to your request, we may (i) verify your identity and (ii) ask you to provide us with more information.
8.3. We will endeavor to comply with your request within a reasonable time and, in any case, within the deadlines set by law. If you wish to exercise this right, contact us as described in Article 13 below.
9.1. Cookies are text files, often encrypted, stored in your browser. They are created when the browser of a User loads a given website: the site sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Whenever the User returns to the same site, the browser retrieves this file and sends it to the server of the website.
9.2. Two types of cookies that do not have the same purposes can be distinguished, technical cookies and advertising cookies:
● Technical cookies are used throughout your navigation to facilitate and perform certain functions. A technical cookie can for example be used to memorize the answers filled in a form or the preferences of the User regarding the language or the presentation of a website, when such options are available.
● Advertising cookies may be created not only by the website on which the User browses, but also by other websites displaying advertisements, ads, widgets or other items on the displayed page. These cookies may in particular be used to carry out targeted advertising, that is to say advertising determined according to the navigation of the User.
9.3. We use technical cookies. These are stored in your browser for a period of up to thirteen (13) months. We do not use advertising cookies. However, if we use it in the future, We will notify you in advance and you will have the opportunity if necessary to disable these cookies.
9.5. We remind you for all practical purposes that you can oppose the deposit of cookies by configuring your browser. For the management of cookies, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to change your wishes for cookies (please note that the opposition to the deposit of cookies on your browser could however prevent the proper functioning of the Platform).
10. Security measures
We inform you to take all necessary precautions, organizational and technical measures to preserve the security, the integrity and the confidentiality of your personal data and in particular, to prevent that they are deformed, damaged or that unauthorized third parties have access to it .
● sending an email to
● or By sending us a letter to the following address: VINZU - Question relating to personal data - 63 Bis rue Tillet 33800 Bordeaux France